Chicago Oral Cancer Pathology Screenings Save Lives
The inside of a healthy person’s mouth is smooth and pink in appearance. Any significant alterations or lesions that appear could be a sign of a pathological process or cancerous growth, and Dr. Firas Katabi strongly recommends that patients and general dentists regard these areas with urgency. During a screening at Armitage Oral Surgery, our team can perform a biopsy (the removal of a suspicious area of tissue) and transfer the sample to a trusted pathology lab for a microscopic evaluation and accurate diagnosis, resulting in earlier, more effective treatment that restores your health and prevents more extensive damage.
Common symptoms of oral cancers/pathological processes that patients should look for during routine self-evaluations include the following:
- Oral sores that bleed easily and/or are excessively slow to heal.
- Lumps, crusts, or thickened areas on the lining of your mouth.
- Red or white patches on your soft tissue.
- Difficulties with chewing and/or swallowing properly.
- Chronic sore throat/hoarseness.